Monday, July 14, 2008

As Many Photos as I Can Load Caption in Twenty Minutes


My plane for Tai Pei left LAX at 1:15am on China Airlines. There were hundreds and hundreds of people crammed together because part of the seating area was being remodeled. Also, there was a kitten caught somewhere in the roof. Its mewing was desperate and heart-breaking. Here I am waiting at LAX.



Tai Pei International Airport. I didn't see much of Taiwan. My layover was three hours. I slept for about eight hours of the flight, which is more than I thought I would. I should thank my lucky neck pillow. The flight from Taiwan to Bangkok was another three hours or so.



My first squat toilet of 2008! This is in the Taipei Airport. They have both Western and squat toilets. Of course I chose the squat.



If you can't read it, the cup says "Bless you for being so thoughtful and generous." See, coffee does love me. Taiwanese coffee is the kindest coffee you'll meet.



BKK. Bangkok International. The airport is only a few years old. I boarded an Airport Express Bus that would (should) have taken me to Thanon Sukhumvit, Soi 10. Alas, it dumped me out early because the traffic was too intense. I took the Skytrain the rest of the way to the hostel.



Here is the front of Suk11, the hostel recommended by Georgina, where I stayed my first four nights in Thailand before I went to Salaya, where the university campus is.



Suk11 is like a little haven in the chaos of Bangkok. There are tons of plants, little ponds, etc. Very pretty.

Alright, my time is up. But you've seen the first few days of my trip. I just need to catch you up all the way to week three.

No comments: